HEALTHY CHILDREN ARE MORE LIKELY TO BECOME HEALTHY ADULTS.
Both children and taxpayers pay a steep price when children’s health problems are not caught early. Healthy kids also lead to healthy families, and those healthy adults are more engaged in the workforce.
Health Action Council, in conjunction with UnitedHealthcare, CVS Health and the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA), launched the Healthy Kids Campaign, dedicated to promoting healthy kids and healthy families through five key preventive areas:
- Childhood Immunizations & Flu Vaccines – Many kids have missed required immunizations due to COVID-19, and a “twindemic” of COVID-19 and flu is especially concerning.
- Well-Child Visits – Kids need regular doctor visits to ensure they are developing properly, but many well-child visits have been canceled due to COVID-19.
- Prevention of Teen Suicide – Teen suicide rates have risen due to added stress and additional time at home from COVID-19 where teens can access firearms, medications and alcohol.
- Dental Hygiene – Establishing good oral hygiene practices starts when a child is young.
- Healthy Habits – Creating a regular routine is essential for children, especially to combat major disruptions from the pandemic.
In each of these areas, early action makes a DIFFERENCE in a child’s health!
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
- PROMOTE CHILD AND FAMILY HEALTH. Download our new free Healthy Kids Social Media Toolkit to inform your employees and the community. “The campaign is well-designed and clearly makes it easy for companies to participate by simply following the steps outlined in the campaign and using the tools provided.” David J. Akers, Executive Vice President, Equalis Group/Sourcing Alliance
- ACTIVATE COMMUNITIES. Fund and support the Healthy Kids efforts to increase awareness of the five key preventive areas.
- SUPPORT THE HEALTHY KIDS CAMPAIGN. Invest funding to support outreach and public awareness-building activities.
QUESTIONS? Contact Katie Peterson via email or call 216.232.4497.